The STEM Center for Teaching and Learning is a part of the Teacher Quality Partnership Grant. Our primary purpose is to facilitate enhanced teaching and research in STEM disciplines throughout West Tennessee.
The STEM Center for Teaching and Learning provides STEM professional development for teachers in partnering local education agencies, provides a repository of STEM teaching supplies with associated lesson plans, and provides presentations of STEM educational activities for K-16 students, civic organizations, and businesses in West Tennessee. These activities support the university mission to educate and engage responsible citizens.
STEM Center Goals
- Develop and provide quality professional development for teachers of science and mathematics
- Encourage and support STEM-related outreach programs initiated by university faculty
- Assist with designing professional development and research programs
- Organize promotion and advertisement of programs to recruit participants
- Encourage and augment existing undergraduate and graduate programs in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education
- Promote and facilitate scholarly research on the teaching and learning of mathematics and science
- Inspire and motivate students across all levels of PK-16 to study, learn, and apply the concepts of mathematics and science
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration among business, industry, education, and state policymakers to ensure a skilled, capable future workforce
- Influence state policies related to mathematics, science, and technology education
If you feel that the STEM Center can help you or your organization, please contact us.
Looking for something else?
NW Tennessee STEM Innovation Hub
STEM Lab Tutoring
Subscribe to Our Newsletters
Get immediate access to our newsletter which will highlight upcoming STEM opportunities at and around UT Martin.
Subscribe to Newsletter >